Don’t Underestimate the Power of Your Smile!
Smiling is the universal way of letting people around you know that you’re friendly, feeling happy, and are approachable. We often smile when we feel happy, but it’s also been shown that smiling can be used to feel happy when you’re not. That means that there is a positive physiological reaction that happens when you smile.
Benefits of Smiling
Below are a few benefits of choosing to show off your smile more often:
- Feel Better – Smiling has been shown to release dopamine and endorphins. Not only will this make you feel better, it can also act as a natural painkiller.
- Look Younger – There have been multiple research tests where study participants would view photos to gauge the age of those in the photos. Those who were smiling were consistently judged as younger than they really were.
- Coping Mechanism – Those who smile more often are better able to handle stressful situations and unexpected life changes.
- Get Healthier – It’s been found that those who smile more often have lower cortisone levels (which is the hormone that causes stress.) This can contribute to heart health.
- More Approachable – In studies of attraction, people ranked smilers to be more attractive. Smiling can communicate that you are fun, relaxed, and sincere.
- Make Others Happy – When you see someone smile, you are more likely to smile back. And the same goes for your smiles! They’re able to create more. Even an insincere smile can increase genuine happiness in others and yourself.
Helping Achieve Beautiful Smiles in Wichita, Kansas
At Auburn Family Dental, your healthy, beautiful smile is our number one priority. We want you to feel confident showing off your smile. To make an appointment with our Wichita, Kansas dentist, please contact Auburn Family Dental today!